Monday, February 13, 2012

Crohn's

I am at a frustrating crossroads with my Crohns. I am still having flare ups which makes it hard to leave my house and have any energy. My iron levels are really low and my vitamin D is “frighteningly low” according to my Dr. I have been taking my iron supplements and Vitamin D’s too but I am still low. Yesterday I lost 6 lbs. in about 10 min which would be awesome if I was not in so much pain. They want me to start on Remicaid which is a lot like Chemo therapy. Meaning I would be sick all the time and could lose my hair. I’m also very dismayed to hear that with this I will be unable to breastfeed Emma. This is something I have been determined to do even when I was in the hospital. Also I was informed that I should not get pregnant for seven years after my treatments end, they could last anywhere from 6 months to years. Now I know we have for amazing children and on many days we question our sanity with four, being told that we cannot have any more makes us a little sad. I have to decide if I will do this by next Friday. I know most people would not even question getting the treatment ASAP especially the way I feel but I really want to breastfeed Emma, it is something that I did not do for very long with my other children and I decided that if she was my last I would make it happen no happen no matter what. This may be my Post-Partum depression acting up again but I feel it is important!  

 On top of this my liver levels are high, don’t ask me what that means because idk all I know is that it is bad!! This is something I have had for almost 2 years now and didn’t seem to be too big of an issue until the levels doubled in 5 days. Now I have to get an MRI of my liver to see if they can tell me what is wrong, they think it may be a form of cancer since with my crohns I am at a higher risk of almost every type of cancer! If the MRI doesn’t show them what is wrong they will have to do a biopsy which honestly I am not excited about!! 

2 comments:

  1. are they 100% sure it is even crohns? I know they were going back and forth about it. Many people have lived long lives with it, do you have a weird form or something?

    Mark said you need to do the Paleo diet or at least read the book again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs*

    I'm sorry, Holly. That sounds miserable, frustrating, and discouraging. :(

    My only advice is to pray for guidance (and get a Priesthood blessing), and then do whatever you are impressed to do, no matter what. Trust Heavenly Father to know you and your situation, and what is most important for you and your family. He will help guide and comfort you. :)

    I'm excited that you're blogging! I love blogging. But I had been in a funk for the last month or two, so this past weekend I spent "catching up" and had to post something like 8 or 9 posts. lol I'm adding you to my google reader. :)

    ReplyDelete